Senior Living in 12533 (Hopewell Junction, NY)
- 12533 scores the same as the Hopewell Junction, NY average of 68.
- 12533 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12533 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Pine Ridge Adult Care, Wingate at Dutchess, and Avalon Assisted Living .
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 29 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Beekman Country Club -Taconic/Highland, Dogwood Golf Center, and Branton Woods Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including St Denis Cemetery, Hopewell Reformed Church, and St Columba Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $114,092, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,390, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,989, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.54%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12533 has an average population density of 520.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.91%.