Senior Living in 12538 (Hyde Park, NY)
- 12538 scores the same as the Hyde Park, NY average of 74.
- 12538 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12538 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Victory Lake Nursing Center, Quaker Hill Manor, and Renaissance Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Dinsmore Golf Course, Casperkill Country Club, and College Hill Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Ogden & Ruth Livingston Mills, Staatsburgh State Historic Site, and Shaupeneak Ridge Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Hyde Park Baptist Church, Hyde Park Methodist Church, and Reach Out Family Worship Ctr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $77,536, which is in the top 21% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $64,911, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $29,172, which is in the top 25% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.78%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12538 has an average population density of 552.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.92%.