Senior Living in 12540 (Lagrangeville, NY)
- 12540 scores the same as the Lagrangeville, NY average of 73.
- 12540 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12540 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including New Horizons Unionvale, The Fountains at Millbrook, and Green Briar Adult Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 64 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including James Baird State Park Golf Course, Links At Union Vale, The, and Links at Union Vale, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Innisfree Garden and Camp Ramah in the Berkshires).
- There are 28 churches nearby, including Blessed Kateri Church, Full Gospel Ctr, and Trinity United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $120,961, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,663, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,443, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.08%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12540 has a sparse population density of 228.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.60%.