Senior Living in 12543 (Maybrook, NY)
- 12543 scores the same as the Maybrook, NY average of 76.
- 12543 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12543 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Orange Regional Medical Center and St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Patchetts Crossing Apartments, Campbell Hall Rehab Center, and Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 45 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 105 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Otterkill Golf & Country Club, Otterkill Golf & Country Club, and Stony Ford Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Winding Hills County Park, Osiris Country Club, and Good Time Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, Grace Community Baptist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,622, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,023, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,406, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.16%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12543 has a sparse population density of 261.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.43%.