Senior Living in 12545 (Millbrook, NY)
- 12545 scores the same as the Millbrook, NY average of 73.
- 12545 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12545 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Green Briar Adult Home, The Fountains at Millbrook, and New Horizons Unionvale.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 61 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Millbrook Golf & Tennis Club, James Baird State Park Golf Course, and Links at Union Vale, The.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Innisfree Garden, Beekman Park, and Macedonia Brook State Park.
- There are 31 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Church, Lyall Memorial Federated Chr, and Grace Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,022, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,981, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,487, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.35%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12545 has a very sparse population density of 87.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.00%.