Senior Living in 12546 (Millerton, NY)
- 12546 scores the same as the Millerton, NY average of 69.
- 12546 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12546 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sharon Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Sharon Health Care Center, Noble Horizons, and Village at Geer Woods.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Hotchkiss School Golf Course, Silo Ridge Country Club, and Sharon Country Club, The.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Beekman Park, Mount Riga State Park, and Taconic State Park.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Salisbury Congregational Chr, All Saints-america Orthodox, and St Bernard\'s Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,153, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,097, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,671, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.46%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12546 has a very sparse population density of 66.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.92%.