Senior Living in 12547 (Milton, NY)
- 12547 scores the same as the Milton, NY average of 84.
- 12547 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12547 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in the area, including Wingate at Ulster, St Simeon Second Mile Corporation, and The Manor at Woodside.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 56 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 148 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Apple Greens Golf Course, Mill Creek Golf Course, and Whispering Pines Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Locust Grove Estate, Hemlock Ridge Multiple Use Area, and Bowdoin County Park.
- There are 52 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, Beulah Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,791, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,060, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,064, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.85%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12547 has a sparse population density of 279.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.93%.