Senior Living in 12550 (Newburgh, NY)
- 12550 scores the same as the Newburgh, NY average of 61.
- 12550 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12550 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Elant at Meadow Hill, Johnes Home For Aged Couples, and Burton Towers.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Powelton Club, The, Osiris Country Club, and Mill Creek Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Algonquin Park and Downing Park).
- There are 28 churches nearby, including A M E Zion Church, Moulton Memorial Baptist Chr, and New Hope Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,905, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,403, which is in the top 33% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,203, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12550 has a dense population density of 1,568.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.73%.