Senior Living in 12553 (New Windsor, NY)
- 12553 scores the same as the New Windsor, NY average of 71.
- 12553 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12553 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Cornwall Hospital, St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital, and Craig House Center.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including New Windsor Country Inn, Emeriti Retirement Health Solutions, and Burton Towers.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 74 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Storm King Golf Club, Powelton Club, The, and Southern Dutchess Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Downing Park, Algonquin Park, and Storm King State Park.
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Solid Rock Church of God, St Joseph\'s Church, and King of Kings Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,455, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,679, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,103, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.85%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12553 has an average population density of 990.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.43%.