Senior Living in 12564 (Pawling, NY)
- 12564 scores the same as the Pawling, NY average of 71.
- 12564 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12564 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (New Milford Hospital).
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including The Grand Rehabilitation and Nuirsing Pawling, Putnam Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and The Plaza at Clover Lake.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 38 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 71 golf courses nearby, including Quaker Hill Country Club, Dutcher Golf Course, and Harlem Valley Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Wonder Lake, Camp Ramah in the Berkshires, and Lovers Leap State Park Scenic Reserve.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Christ Church On Quaker Hill, St John\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Holy Trinity Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,858, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,866, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,275, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.25%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12564 has a sparse population density of 180.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.51%.