Senior Living in 12572 (Rhinebeck, NY)
- 12572 scores the same as the Rhinebeck, NY average of 79.
- 12572 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12572 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Northern Dutchess Hospital, Kingston Hospital, and Benedictine Hospital.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in the area, including The Baptist Home at Brookmeade, Terraces at Brookmeade, and Arbor Ridge at Brookmeade.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 56 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 70 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (42% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Dinsmore Golf Course, Thomas Carvel Country Club, and Red Hook Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Interlake RV Park, Wilderstein Historic Site, and Poet\'s Walk Park.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Lutheran Church, Church of the Good Shepherd, and Church of the Messiah Epscpl.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,386, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $72,945, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,363, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12572 has a sparse population density of 180.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.80%.