Senior Living in 12583 (Tivoli, NY)
- 12583 scores the same as the Tivoli, NY average of 73.
- 12583 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12583 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Northern Dutchess Hospital).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in the area, including Saugerties Public Housing Agency, Palatine Manor, and Ten Broeck Commons.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Edgewood Club of Tivoli, Thomas Carvel Country Club, and Red Hook Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Bristol Beach, Brook n Wood Family Campground, and Poet\'s Walk Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including United Methodist Church, St Christophers Church, and St John\'s Reformed Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,410, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $55,625, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,403, which is in the top 39% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.43%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12583 has a sparse population density of 188.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.24%.