Senior Living in 12586 (Walden, NY)
- 12586 scores the same as the Walden, NY average of 69.
- 12586 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12586 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Patchetts Crossing Apartments, and Elant at Meadow Hill.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 44 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Osiris Country Club, Stony Ford Golf Course, and Winding Hills Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Osiris Country Club, Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge, and Winding Hills County Park.
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, United Methodist Church, and Most Precious Blood Parish.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,850, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,563, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,914, which is in the top 29% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.13%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12586 has an average population density of 528.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.89%.