Senior Living in 12589 (Wallkill, NY)
- 12589 scores the same as the Wallkill, NY average of 65.
- 12589 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12589 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Luke\'s Cornwall Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Moran\'s Rest Home, The Mountain View Nursing and Rehab Centre, and Montgomery Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Osiris Country Club, Mill Creek Golf Course, and Powelton Club, The.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including New York City North / Newburgh KOA, Osiris Country Club, and Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Trinity Evangelical Lutheran, United Methodist Church, and Most Precious Blood Parish.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $88,878, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,753, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,707, which is in the top 37% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.15%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12589 has a sparse population density of 300.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.58%.