Senior Living in 12590 (Wappingers Falls, NY)
- 12590 scores the same as the Wappingers Falls, NY average of 68.
- 12590 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12590 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Pine Ridge Adult Care, Elant at Wappingers Falls, and Avalon Assisted Living .
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 40 golf courses nearby, including Casperkill Country Club, Fishkill Golf Course, and Dogwood Golf Center.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bowdoin County Park and Locust Grove Estate).
- There are 16 churches nearby, including Bethel Missionary Baptist Chr, St Mary\'s Church, and Zion Episcopal Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,054, which is in the top 14% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $75,282, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,167, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.03%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12590 has an average population density of 1,018.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.01%.