Senior Living in 12592 (Wassaic, NY)
- 12592 scores the same as the Wassaic, NY average of 70.
- 12592 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12592 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Sharon Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Morning Star Retirement Home, The Kent, LTD, and The Fountains at Millbrook.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Silo Ridge Country Club, Millbrook Golf & Tennis Club, and Sharon Country Club, The.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Macedonia Brook State Park, Beekman Park, and Camp Ramah in the Berkshires.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including St Charles Church, Sacred Heart Rectory, and St Andrew\'s Church Kent.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,650, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,921, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,572, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.24%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12592 has a very sparse population density of 79.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.08%.