Senior Living in 12601 (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- 12601 has a SeniorScore® of 62, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- 12601 scores lower than the Poughkeepsie, NY average of 68.
- 12601 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12601 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Dutchess Care, River Valley Care Center, and The Pines at Poughkeepsie Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 24 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including College Hill Golf Course, Casperkill Country Club, and Whispering Pines Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Locust Grove Estate)..
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Beulah Baptist Church, St Mary\'s Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,365, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,738, which is in the top 62% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,319, which is in the top 50% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12601 has a dense population density of 2,307.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.58%.