Senior Living in 12603 (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- 12603 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Poughkeepsie, NY.
- 12603 scores higher than the Poughkeepsie, NY average of 68.
- 12603 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12603 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Vassar Brothers Medical Center, St Francis Hospital, and Hudson River Psychiatric Ctr.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including The Landing of Poughkeepsie, Lutheran Center at Poughkeepsie, and St Simeon Second Mile Corporation.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including McCann Memorial Golf Course, Vassar Golf Course, and Dutchess Golf & Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Locust Grove Estate)..
- There are 31 churches nearby, including St Martin De Porres Church, Temple Beth-El, and Korean Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.73% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.51% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,693, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,817, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,563, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.08%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12603 has an average population density of 1,324.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.11%.