Senior Living in 12721 (Bloomingburg, NY)
- 12721 scores the same as the Bloomingburg, NY average of 73.
- 12721 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12721 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Horton Medical Center and Middletown Psychiatric Center).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Fortune Road I, Crystal Run Village, and Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Walker Valley Golf Club, Orange County Golf Club, and Stony Ford Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Berentsens Campground, Pine Bush Bible Camp, and Wallkill Golf Club.
- There are 28 churches nearby, including St Paul\'s Roman Catholic Chr, Affirmative Evangelism Fllwshp, and Pine Bush United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,046, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,563, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,810, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.75%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12721 has a sparse population density of 261.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.18%.