Senior Living in 12724 (Callicoon Center, NY)
- 12724 scores the same as the Callicoon Center, NY average of 72.
- 12724 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12724 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Roscoe Regional Rehab and Residential Healthcare Care Facility, and Roscoe Community Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 26 golf courses nearby, including Villa Roma Resort, Huff House, The, and Twin Village Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Russell Brook Campsites and Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including United Church of Roscoe, St Nektarios Greek Orthodox, and Temple Agudas Achim.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,236, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,577, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,529, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.67%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 12724 has a very sparse population density of 32.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.82%.