Senior Living in 12725 (Claryville, NY)
- 12725 scores the same as the Claryville, NY average of 67.
- 12725 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12725 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Mountainside Residential Care and Sullivan County Adult Care Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Hannah Country Club, Lochmor Golf Course, and Sullivan County Golf & Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Balsam Lake Mountain Wild Forest, Mongaup Pond Campground, and Little Pond Campground.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Grahamsville United Methodist, Wilson Carlotta D, and Temple Agudas Achim.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,354, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,250, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $54,431, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.22%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12725 has a very sparse population density of 4.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.24%.