Senior Living in 12737 (Glen Spey, NY)
- 12737 scores the same as the Glen Spey, NY average of 71.
- 12737 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12737 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bon Secours Community Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Twin Cedar\'s Senior Living, St. Joseph\'s Place, and Reve Belle Senior Living Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 43 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 58 golf courses nearby, including Par 3 Course at Eddy Farm Hotel & Resort, Forestburgh Country Club, and Kutsher\'s Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Camp Simcha, Kittatinny Campgrounds & Barryville Base, and Tri-State RV Park.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including St Ann\'s Church, St Luke\'s Lutheran Church, and St Anthony\'s Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,229, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $47,083, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,577, which is in the top 55% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.32%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12737 has a very sparse population density of 53.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.80%.