Senior Living in 12741 (Hankins, NY)
- 12741 scores the same as the Hankins, NY average of 64.
- 12741 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12741 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Roscoe Regional Rehab and Residential Healthcare Care Facility, and Roscoe Community Nursing Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Villa Roma Resort, Hancock Golf & Country Club, and Twin Village Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park, Russell Brook Campsites, and Camp Lohikan.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Acts 1:8 Church and O\'Rourke James).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,184, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $66,176, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,078, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 22.78%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 12741 has a very sparse population density of 42.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.09%.