Senior Living in 12746 (Huguenot, NY)
- 12746 scores the same as the Huguenot, NY average of 75.
- 12746 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12746 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bon Secours Community Hospital).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Joseph\'s Place, The Carlucci Home, and Crystal Run Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 38 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Par 3 Course at Eddy Farm Hotel & Resort, Port Jervis Country Club, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Deerpark / New York City NW KOA, Tri-State RV Park, and Rockview Valley Campground.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, Drew United Methodist Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,960, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,857, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,336, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.82%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12746 has a very sparse population density of 66.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.24%.