Senior Living in 12760 (Long Eddy, NY)
- 12760 scores the same as the Long Eddy, NY average of 63.
- 12760 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12760 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Roscoe Regional Rehab and Residential Healthcare Care Facility, Roscoe Community Nursing Home, and Jeffersonville Adult Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Hancock Golf & Country Club, Villa Roma Resort, and Twin Village Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Russell Brook Campsites, Peaceful Valley Campsite, and Delaware River Club Fly Fishing Resort.
- There are 2 churches nearby (United Church of Roscoe and St Nektarios Greek Orthodox).
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.62% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,996, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,183, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,462, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 12760 has a very sparse population density of 11.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.33%.