Senior Living in 12763 (Mountain Dale, NY)
- 12763 scores the same as the Mountain Dale, NY average of 77.
- 12763 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12763 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Ellenville Regional Hospital, Ellenville Community Hospital, and Catskill Regional Medical Center.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Country Gardens Apartments, John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing, and Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 26 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 47 golf courses nearby, including Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club, Homowack Hotel Golf Course, and Tarry Brae Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Hilltop Farm Campsites, Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, and Camp Kaylie.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Assembly of Christian Churches, Praise Dominion Family Worship, and Ellenville Assembly of God.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,981, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,577, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,642, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.12%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12763 has a very sparse population density of 66.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.09%.