Senior Living in 12765 (Neversink, NY)
- 12765 scores the same as the Neversink, NY average of 69.
- 12765 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12765 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Catskill Regional Medical Center, Ellenville Regional Hospital, and Ellenville Community Hospital.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Sullivan County Adult Care Center, Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility, and Country Gardens Apartments.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Lochmor Golf Course, Sullivan County Golf & Country Club, and Big G Course at Grossinger Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Mongaup Pond Campground and Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park).
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Methodist Church, United Methodist Church of Liberty, and Mikveh Taharas Y.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $87,062, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,615, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,652, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.60%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12765 has a very sparse population density of 70.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.95%.