Senior Living in 12766 (North Branch, NY)
- 12766 scores the same as the North Branch, NY average of 65.
- 12766 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12766 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Jeffersonville Adult Home, Roscoe Regional Rehab and Residential Healthcare Care Facility, and Roscoe Community Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Villa Roma Resort, Swan Lake Golf & Country Club, and Twin Village Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Stone Arch Bridge Historical Park and Russell Brook Campsites).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Acts 1:8 Church, O\'Rourke James, and United Church of Roscoe.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,426, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,361, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,123, which is in the top 36% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 12766 has a very sparse population density of 54.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.99%.