Senior Living in 12768 (Parksville, NY)
- 12768 scores the same as the Parksville, NY average of 64.
- 12768 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12768 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Catskill Regional Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Sullivan County Adult Care Center, Achieve Rehab and Nursing Facility, and Roscoe Community Nursing Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 26 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Grossinger Resort -Lake/Vista, Big G Course at Grossinger Country Club, and Sullivan County Golf & Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Mongaup Pond Campground, Beaverkill Valley Inn, and Little Pond Campground.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Temple Agudas Achim, Wilson Carlotta D, and Mikveh Taharas Y.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,331, which is in the top 65% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $39,167, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,670, which is in the top 66% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.63%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12768 has a very sparse population density of 32.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 79.45%.