Senior Living in 12771 (Port Jervis, NY)
- 12771 scores the same as the Port Jervis, NY average of 62.
- 12771 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12771 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Bon Secours Community Hospital).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including St. Joseph\'s Place, The Carlucci Home, and Crystal Run Village.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Port Jervis Country Club, Tamaqua Golf Course, and Green Ridge Golf Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Tri-State RV Park, Rockview Valley Campground, and Deerpark / New York City NW KOA.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Lutheran Church, Drew United Methodist Church, and St Mary\'s Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $63,332, which is in the top 39% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,765, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,812, which is in the top 47% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12771 has a sparse population density of 419.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.09%.