Senior Living in 12785 (Westbrookville, NY)
- 12785 scores the same as the Westbrookville, NY average of 84.
- 12785 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12785 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Horton Medical Center, Middletown Psychiatric Center, and Bon Secours Community Hospital.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including The Carlucci Home, Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and The Eliot at Erie Station.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 51 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 77 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Forestburgh Country Club, Par 3 Course at Eddy Farm Hotel & Resort, and Orange County Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Deerpark / New York City NW KOA, Korn\'s Shawangunk Kill Campground, and Holiday Mountain Ski Area.
- There are 27 churches nearby, including Otisville-Mt Hope Presbyterian, Holy Name of Jesus Church, and Mt Carmel Priory.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,890, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,333, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $40,268, which is in the top 8% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.90%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12785 has a very sparse population density of 61.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 80.90%.