Senior Living in 12790 (Wurtsboro, NY)
- 12790 scores the same as the Wurtsboro, NY average of 71.
- 12790 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12790 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Horton Medical Center and Middletown Psychiatric Center).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Highland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Eliot at Erie Station, and Fortune Road I.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 40 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Orange County Golf Club, Walker Valley Golf Club, and Forestburgh Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Korn\'s Shawangunk Kill Campground, Berentsens Campground, and Camp Kaylie.
- There are 17 churches nearby, including Holy Name of Jesus Church, Otisville-Mt Hope Presbyterian, and St Paul\'s Roman Catholic Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,204, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,491, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,531, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.85%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12790 has a sparse population density of 101.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.04%.