Senior Living in 12801 (Glens Falls, NY)
- 12801 scores the same as the Glens Falls, NY average of 68.
- 12801 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12801 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Glens Falls Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including The Pines at Glens Falls Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Capital District Cognitive Disability Dev Disability Services, and The Stanton Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Sunnyside Par 3 Golf Course, Hiland Golf Club, and Glens Falls Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including East Field Park, Ledgeview Village and Rv Park, and Lake George RV Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Church of the Messiah, St Alphonsus Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,690, which is in the top 51% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,790, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,338, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12801 has a dense population density of 3,724.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.58%.