Senior Living in 12804 (Queensbury, NY)
- 12804 scores the same as the Queensbury, NY average of 73.
- 12804 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12804 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Glens Falls Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Emeritus at Landing of Queensbury, Westmount Health Facility, and The Terrace at The Glen.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Hiland Golf Club, Sunnyside Par 3 Golf Course, and Glens Falls Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Lake George RV Park, Ledgeview Village and Rv Park, and East Field Park.
- There are 19 churches nearby, including Chr of Our Lady of Annunicatn, United Methodist Church, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,725, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,308, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,885, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.13%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12804 has a sparse population density of 499.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.44%.