Senior Living in 12816 (Cambridge, NY)
- 12816 scores the same as the Cambridge, NY average of 69.
- 12816 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12816 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mcclellan Health System).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Danforth Adult Care Center, The Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation at Hoosick Falls, and Pine Valley Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Battenkill Country Club, Windy Hills Golf Course, and Hoosick Falls Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including St Patrick\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Centenary United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,684, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,864, which is in the top 46% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $24,734, which is in the top 42% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.94%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12816 has a very sparse population density of 73.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.94%.