Senior Living in 12817 (Chestertown, NY)
- 12817 scores the same as the Chestertown, NY average of 66.
- 12817 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12817 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Adirondack Tri County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (39% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Green Mansions Golf Club, Sagamore Resort & Golf Club, The, and Thousand Acres Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Rancho Pines Campground, Lake George Schroon Valley Resort, and Hidden Pond Campsite.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Adirondack Missions, St Cecilias Catholic Church, and First United Meth Chr.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,289, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,125, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,568, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.88%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12817 has a very sparse population density of 42.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.93%.