Senior Living in 12819 (Clemons, NY)
- 12819 scores the same as the Clemons, NY average of 59.
- 12819 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12819 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (The Orchard Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre and Heather Misty Morn Community Care)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Huletts Golf Club, Sagamore Resort & Golf Club, The, and Valley View Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Adirondack Fish Tales Etc., Lake George Schroon Valley Resort, and Hidden Pond Campsite.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Our Lady of Hope and Adirondack Missions).
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $33,917, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $22,955, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,740, which is in the top 87% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.95%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 6% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12819 has a very sparse population density of 13.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.07%.