Senior Living in 12821 (Comstock, NY)
- 12821 scores the same as the Comstock, NY average of 53.
- 12821 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12821 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including The Orchard Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre, Holbrooks Adult Home, and Indian River Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (8% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Valley View Golf Course, Kingswood Golf Club, and Lake St. Catherine Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There is 1 church nearby (Our Lady of Hope)..
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,701, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,458, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $3,991, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.93%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12821 has a sparse population density of 495.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 69.71%.