Senior Living in 12822 (Corinth, NY)
- 12822 scores the same as the Corinth, NY average of 62.
- 12822 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12822 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Prestwick Chase at Saratoga, Woodlawn Commons, and Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 39 golf courses nearby, including Brookhaven Golf Club, Bend Of The River Golf Club, and McGregor Links Country Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Stewarts Pond Campsites, River Road Campgrounds, and Whispering Pines Campsites & RV Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Gateway Pentecostal Church, and Aldridge John R Rev & Barbara.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $55,620, which is in the top 56% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,193, which is in the top 44% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,949, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.43%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12822 has a very sparse population density of 94.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.38%.