Senior Living in 12823 (Cossayuna, NY)
- 12823 scores the same as the Cossayuna, NY average of 71.
- 12823 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 12823 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mcclellan Health System).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Washington Center , Fort Hudson Health System, and The Pines at Glens Falls Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 20 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (40% of the total population).
- There are 34 golf courses nearby, including Windy Hills Golf Course, Battenkill Country Club, and Wedgewood Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Argyle United Presbyterian Chr, United Methodist Church, and Centenary United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $26,563, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $14,519, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,983, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 56.82%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12823 has a very sparse population density of 55.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.69%.