Senior Living in 12824 (Diamond Point, NY)
- 12824 scores the same as the Diamond Point, NY average of 75.
- 12824 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12824 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Westmount Health Facility, The Terrace at The Glen, and Emeritus at Landing of Queensbury.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Cronin\'s Golf Resort, Thousand Acres Golf Club, and Top of the World Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Lake George Escape Campground, Schroon River Campsites Inc, and Adirondack Adventure Resort.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including Methodist Church First United, St Cecilias Catholic Church, and First United Meth Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $91,224, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,615, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,242, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.78%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12824 has a very sparse population density of 59.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.17%.