Senior Living in 12828 (Fort Edward, NY)
- 12828 scores the same as the Fort Edward, NY average of 70.
- 12828 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12828 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Glens Falls Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Fort Hudson Health System, Washington Center , and The Pines at Glens Falls Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 65 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Wedgewood Par 3 Golf Course, Tee-Bird North Course at Tee-Bird Country Club, and Kingswood Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including East Field Park, Saratoga RV Park, and Moreau Lake State Park.
- There are 23 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Church, Adamsville Baptist Church, and Pine Knolls Alliance Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,798, which is in the top 58% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $45,441, which is in the top 55% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,845, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.81%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12828 has a sparse population density of 204.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.12%.