Senior Living in 12831 (Gansevoort, NY)
- 12831 scores the same as the Gansevoort, NY average of 74.
- 12831 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12831 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Saratoga Hospital, Four Winds Saratoga, and Glens Falls Hospital.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Fort Hudson Health System, The Stanton Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre, and Woodlawn Commons.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 75 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including McGregor Links Country Club, Tee-Bird North Course at Tee-Bird Country Club, and Wedgewood Par 3 Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Saratoga RV Park, Moreau Lake State Park, and Gavin Park.
- There are 24 churches nearby, including Adirondack Christian Fllwshp, Adamsville Baptist Church, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,728, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,466, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,523, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.05%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12831 has a sparse population density of 259.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.12%.