Senior Living in 12832 (Granville, NY)
- 12832 scores the same as the Granville, NY average of 63.
- 12832 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12832 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Mountainview Commons, Indian River Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Holbrooks Adult Home.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 17 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 28 golf courses nearby, including Kingswood Golf Club, Valley View Golf Course, and Lake St. Catherine Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Merck Forest & Farmland Center and Lake Saint Catherine State Park).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including St Mary\'s Church, Methodist Church, and Mattowee Valley Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,374, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,684, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,737, which is in the top 60% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12832 has a very sparse population density of 88.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.69%.