Senior Living in 12833 (Greenfield Center, NY)
- 12833 scores the same as the Greenfield Center, NY average of 77.
- 12833 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12833 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Saratoga Hospital and Four Winds Saratoga).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Prestwick Chase at Saratoga, Saratoga Hospital Nursing Home, and Woodlawn Commons.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 56 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Brookhaven Golf Club, Saratoga National Golf Club, and Saratoga Golf & Polo Club.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Saratoga Escape Lodges & RV Resort, Whispering Pines Campsites & RV Park, and Congress Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including St Joseph\'s Rc Church, St Peter\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and St Clements Rc Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,899, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,081, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,355, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.05%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12833 has a sparse population density of 124.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.89%.