Senior Living in 12834 (Greenwich, NY)
- 12834 scores the same as the Greenwich, NY average of 72.
- 12834 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 12834 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Mcclellan Health System).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Washington Center , Fort Hudson Health System, and Pine Valley Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 43 golf courses nearby, including Battenkill Country Club, Windy Hills Golf Course, and Tee-Bird North Course at Tee-Bird Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Saratoga National Historical Park and Saratoga RV Park).
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Centenary United Methodist Chr, St Joseph\'s Roman Catholic Chr, and Quaker Springs United Meth Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,564, which is in the top 28% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,688, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,652, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12834 has a very sparse population density of 76.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.27%.