Senior Living in 12835 (Hadley, NY)
- 12835 scores the same as the Hadley, NY average of 61.
- 12835 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12835 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are no senior living facilities in the area.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 36 golf courses nearby, including Bend Of The River Golf Club, Brookhaven Golf Club, and Thousand Acres Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Stewarts Pond Campsites, Stony Creek Family Campground, and Lake George / Saratoga KOA.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, Gateway Pentecostal Church, and Aldridge John R Rev & Barbara.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.36% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.52% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,363, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,542, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,213, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.63%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12835 has a very sparse population density of 26.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.23%.