Senior Living in 12837 (Hampton, NY)
- 12837 scores the same as the Hampton, NY average of 67.
- 12837 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12837 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Holbrooks Adult Home, Indian River Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Mountainview Commons.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 10 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 31 golf courses nearby, including Lake St. Catherine Country Club, Valley View Golf Course, and Prospect Bay Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Lake Saint Catherine State Park)..
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Saint David\'s Anglican Church, St Raphaels Catholic Church, and Poultney United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,902, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,833, which is in the top 80% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,830, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.93%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12837 has a very sparse population density of 57.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.13%.