Senior Living in 12839 (Hudson Falls, NY)
- 12839 scores the same as the Hudson Falls, NY average of 66.
- 12839 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12839 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Glens Falls Hospital).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including The Terrace at The Glen, Capital District Cognitive Disability Dev Disability Services, and The Pines at Glens Falls Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Kingswood Golf Club, Glens Falls Country Club, and Hiland Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including East Field Park, Ledgeview Village and Rv Park, and Lake George RV Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including First Presbyterian Church, United Methodist Church, and St Mary\'s Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 5.02% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 2.10% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,679, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,289, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,625, which is in the top 48% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.74%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 12839 has a sparse population density of 417.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.24%.