Senior Living in 12843 (Johnsburg, NY)
- 12843 scores the same as the Johnsburg, NY average of 61.
- 12843 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 12843 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Adirondack Tri County Nursing and Rehabilitation Center).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Green Mansions Golf Club, Thousand Acres Golf Club, and Cronin\'s Golf Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Stony Creek Family Campground, Schroon River Campsites Inc, and Adirondack Adventure Resort.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including St Cecilias Catholic Church, First United Meth Chr, and Methodist Church First United.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.07% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.38% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $42,694, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,212, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,887, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $36,000 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $26,260 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $55,347 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.55%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 12843 has a very sparse population density of 10.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.82%.